Tips, tricks & treats
Tips for terrific hair!
• Wash your hair regularly - this ensures that your scalp and hair
is free of dirt and excess oil
• Use chemical free shampoos
• Condition correctly
• Dry your hair naturally
• Oil your hair properly
• Use a wide-toothed comb
• Style your hair naturally
• Trim your hair regularly
Tricks for your hair!
• Are you busy growing your hair and it’s reached that in-between length?
• Or have you had the same style for a bit too long?
• Just don’t know what to do with your hair?
Lana have a few tricks to give your locks a new look. If you haven't made your appointment with her yet, for a well needed cut & colour you can play around by:
• Changing your parting – this is very easy with no fuss to try. This can completely change the look of your hairstyle. Try to change the side or go for a middle parting or bring all your hair forward from the back so that you have no parting and see how it looks!
• Try a new hair styling product. Let's say you usually wear your hair sleek and straight, try messing it up with a styling wax or molding clay. There are soft, pliable products that won't stick or is too greasy.
• Try a new good quality iron – if you wear your hair most of the time messier and with volume, try ironing it straight. Same goes for the opposite, if you like a sleek, smooth look, try adding some waves or curls.
• Put it up! There are many styles you can do yourself. Try some little braids or curls and get in the with the bobby pins.
• Consider a new style – even if you are growing your hair, you can try a new style without even taking off any length.
Treats for your hair!
Beautiful hair is a never ending quest. Below are salon hair treatments that can restore the body, shine and improve the health of your locks instantly.
To fight the battle of frizzy hair Keratin Complex has been a popular hair smoothing service and can deliver smooth results for many weeks. Also known as the popular Brazilian Blowout, relaxers and keratin treatments can transform hair from curly to straight. Unfortunately this treatments only last until your hair grows out, and then it is back to the salon for another application. This is ideal if you have curly or frizzy hair that just won’t quit and you want smooth results without the work of using flat irons and styling products at home.
If a dry and itchy scalp is one of your hair woes, a scalp treatment can be a beneficial service that not only feels wonderful, it can substantially correct the scalp oil production and also improve hair growth.
Whether your fine hair is weighed down by an oily scalp or prone to flaky patches, a healthy scalp is essential if you want healthy hair. Scalp scrubs and serums are the new skin care for hair.
Hot Oil Treatment
This treatment provides instant shine and seal the cuticle, resulting in silky hair that feels nourished and super smooth. Typically left on the hair for about 12-20 minutes and then rinsed out. Our professional salon hair treatment can do wonders for dry hair and damaged hair in no time flat.
It’s best for dry and colored hair types benefit from hot oil treatments.
Resurrect dry and parched tresses with a moisture protein treatment. This "creme de la creme" deep conditioning treatment, a quality moisture treatment can fix common hair woes such as lack of shine and split ends.
It’s best for parched, over processed, heat damaged and desperate hair that needs a little (or a lot) of love. Add a moisture treatment to your next coloring service with us and your hair will thank you.
A Detox Hair Treatment gets rid of the buildup on the hair shaft that results from too much product usage or chemicals such as chlorine. By clarifying the hair shaft, a detox treatment improves the health of the hair and scalp and can stimulate hair growth. Detox treatments will cleanse your tresses and add body while removing any impurities. If you use many styling products or tend to skip the shampoo several times a week, a detox treatment is definitely for you!
If your curls have taken over, a relax treatment can take back the power. Relaxing treatments fight frizz effectively and make hair sleek for months on end. Results can be customized to reduce curl, remove frizz, and control movement. Relaxing treatments are used on textured hair, whether it’s wavy or curly. You can have the beach waves of your dreams and ditch the dry frizzy side effect of your curl.
Toning treatments are used to correct the color of the hair. Perhaps your blonde got a little too golden once the foils were removed, or you red has faded as all reds do, a toning treatment can be applied after the initial colour service to perfect your hair color, or in-between a full color service as maintenance. Toning treatments can extend your hair color, prevent fading, and correct a multitude of colouring sins. Professional application is important because lightened hair will instantly grab the hue. Avoid a hair color mishap and get an in-salon toning treatment rather than experiment with boxed color at home.
Hair Glossing Treatment
For instant shine that lasts for weeks on end! A hair glossing treatment smooths the shaft and adds reflective sheen. This popular hair enhancing service can be done after a color treatment or on virgin hair to boost the radiance. Consider a glossing treatment as the top coat for your hair and opt for one after every hair colouring service.